vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


02 April 2017

Sunday Stamps II - 120

2009, Netherlands, Children's Stamp  surcharge
artist: Christian Borstlap

This stamp is one of a series of six for the theme "Let Children Learn" for Children's Stamp which is a charity focused on the promotion of children's eduction. I had no idea what this was meant to portray until finding this site. Each stamp offers a bit of advice with this bit of inspiration "something boring can be beautiful if you look at it upside down"

for something odd or humorous



4 comments:

Joy said...

I'll take that upside down advice:) I loved the video on the link with it beautiful sentiments.

FinnBadger said...

I have never seen this set before - the stamps are fantastic - graphic, quirky, interesting, and with great messages. I would love to sit a group of kids down, show them the stamps and ask them what they think they are about - I bet they would do better than I did!

Bob Scotney said...

A set with a message for us all - especially those of us who seem to wear blinkers all the time.

viridian said...

Interesting set at the link. I'm afraid I don't have anything to share this week.